- Arthur Chou, president of WBusiness Books
- Mark LeBlanc, past president of National Speakers Association and author of the book “Growing Your Business”
- Will Marre, co-founder and former president of the Covey Leadership Center where he translated the concepts of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People into powerful leadership courses taught to over one million executives world wide
- Liz Goodgold, author of “Red Fire Branding”
- Henry DeVries, founder of New Client Marketing Institute, author of “Self-Marketing Secrets” and “Client Seduction”, marketing faculty and assistant dean of UC San Diego continuing education
“Top 17 Ways to Market With A Book”
Being educational is great, but being persuasive is better. At the conference you will learn strategies and tactics for promoting your business with writing and speaking, including:
- Why you must never write a book without built-in marketing
- Picking topics and titles that attract audiences like magnets
- Tips and tools for getting a marketing ROI of 400% to 2000%
- How to fill your pipeline with qualified prospects in 30 days
- Presentation elements that pre-sell prospects
- How to be a perfect audience bloodhound
- Special strategies for professionals, consultants and coaches
- Seven deadly sins of publishing and speaking and how not to fall prey
- The easiest way to get in front of potential customers
- When to speak for free and when to speak for a fee
- Ideas that don’t cost you a penny yet really get attention
- How to stand out from other authors and speakers
- Creative testimonials in books and speeches that build credibility
- Three ways to turn customer pain into marketing gain
- The quickest sure-fire way to alienate your audience (don’t make this mistake, many of us learned the hard way)
- How to offer freebies that build your list of business leads
- Ways to stay in touch with prospects so you stay on their radar screens
- Books and speeches that create thousands of dollars in publicity
Henry DeVries is the marketing with a book expert. Along with his best-selling books — Self-Marketing Secrets, Client Seduction and Pain Killer Marketing — the buzz building tools of Henry DeVries have been used to dramatically increase marketing results and leverage budgets for more than a decade. In addition to his own writing, he has helped dozens of clients become authors through mentoring or by ghost writing the books for them.
Henry speaks to thousands of executives each year, teaching them new ways to maximize revenues and increase lead generation results through marketing with a book. Henry is also the Career and Workplace Editor for the San Diego News Network and the founder of the New Client Marketing Institute, a research and training firm that focuses on the latest trends in lead generation.
In the past two years he as helped the continuing education arm of UC San Diego grow enrollments in certificate programs by 50%. He is responsible for public relations for 4,600 classes that annually attract 54,000 enrollees and revenue of $35 million. Formerly president of an Ad Age 500 advertising and public relations agency, he teaches public relations and is assistant dean for external affairs at UC San Diego Extension.
“A New Look At Marketing: The Secrets of Getting Visible and Booking Yourself Solid”
Mark zeros in on four key areas of focus:
To be a successful author and speaker, Mark wants to make sure you are positioned properly and heading in the right direction. His strategies on creating an identity in the marketplace can have immediate impact on success. From a marketing perspective, he’ll share what it takes to get your telephone to ring, and develop repeat business. Everyone knows what it feels like to be focused, but maintaining that focus and momentum is often short-lived. He helps you set up a system (the G.R.O.W. system) for creating a laser-like focus on a daily basis, and prevent you from going off on tangents, disguised as opportunities.
Mark LeBlanc is a member of Master Speakers International, a seasoned-veteran with the National Speakers Association, and currently serves as Past President of the National Speakers Association. He served this association as President in 2007-2008. He was inducted into the Minnesota Speakers Association Hall of Fame in 2006. His style is best described as magnetic, approachable, and laced with a unique sense of humor.
He is President of Small Business Success, based in Minneapolis, MN has special expertise on the core issues that business owners and professionals face on a daily basis. His flagship presentation and book, Growing Your Business! are ideal on addressing how to sell more products and services. People walk away feeling more focused, able to attract more prospects, stimulate more referrals, and ultimately, craft a path and a new plan for generating more business.
LeBlanc has been on his own virtually his entire adult life, owned several businesses, and now speaks, writes, and consults on the street-smart strategies for achieving in times of challenge and change. He is uniquely qualified to address audiences of 5 to 50 to 500, and more, and can deliver an inspirational can-do keynote, a content-rich general session, hands-on workshop, and/or a multi-day program.
Noon to 1:30 pm – No host lunch
1:30 to 3:00 pm – Will Marré
“Save the World and Still Be Home for Dinner”
Will Marré is the co-founder and former president of the Covey Leadership Center where he translated the concepts of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People into powerful leadership courses taught to millions of executives. Today Will is an evangelist of socially strategic enterprise that transforms Corporate Social Responsibility into Corporate Social Opportunity. He will explain:
- How he is passionately helping organizations improve the quality of their people’s lives and accelerate economic and social improvement throughout the world and why he decided to write the book “Save the World and Still be Home for Dinner.”
- Why he is dead serious with a humorous style. He will explain how he connects up-to-minute research with clear insights into a river of powerful ideas. As a leadership expert and an unrelenting advocate for a sustainable future, Will always brings his original ideas, unconventional views and infectious passion – and why you should too.
- How he currently serves as Consulting Director of the Corporate Responsibility Forum at UC San Diego Extension linking civic, non-profit and the business community into a common vision of the future for the San Diego California region.
- How he came to serve on the leadership faculty of UC San Diego Extension, as a visiting Scholar of Social Enterprise at Clemson University and as the Leadership Scholar in Residence of The University of San Diego.
In 2004 Will founded The American Dream Project to ignite leaders of the future to develop and find the ideas, tools and relationships they need to create the next chapter in American and world history. Will recently received an Emmy Award© for writing the learning documentary “Reclaiming Your American Dream” that continues to air on Public Television stations around the country.
Will has been a business leader and consultant for 25 years to world leading companies such as Disney and Procter and Gamble. Now he is on a mission bringing his experience, vision and personal fire to the world to create a future of sustainable abundance.
Using cause marketing with New York Stock Exchange companies to develop social-eco commerce, Will co-founded the Seacology Foundation that has saved nearly 200,000 acres of fragile island eco-systems and rainforests and 2 million acres of coral reefs.
Will is currently on the advisory board of the Human Performance Institute, a new Johnson & Johnson company dedicated to improving health and life satisfaction measures throughout the world. GE has also tapped Will to help them communicate the “green” value of their revolutionary organic LED lights. His personal passion for sustainable business innovation is also helping the renowned Grameen Foundation lift 100’s of millions of people out of grinding poverty through micro-credit.
“Confessions of A Book Publisher and Speakers Bureau Owner”
Publisher Arthur Chou of WBusiness Books will explain how understanding a publisher’s challenges can give you more realistic expectations. Some of what he will cover includes:
- How to beat the odds (For every 10 books a publisher releases, one will be a blockbuster, two will make some money, two will break even, and five will lose money)
- How to sell a publisher (We invest $50,000-$100,000 for each book we publish. We go through development and comprehensive editorial, copy editing, and proofing editing)
- Why you want a publisher in your corner (We are experienced at creating the book layout and cover design. We print and market the book and the author. We distribute to bookstores. More important, we sell the book rights all over the world, and in some cases, audio, TV, or movie rights)
- How to find the right publisher (Learn what type of books the publisher works with. I have 20-30 people sending me fiction manuscripts-WBusiness Books only publishes business books)
- How to sell yourself (How to submit a good author profile. Publishers like to take on authors that can do media tours or speak on the radio)
- Why the real money is in speaking, not publishing (but you still need a book)
- Why publishers like to work with agents (they know how the business works and filter out many people. They make our job easier)
Arthur Chou is the founder of WBusiness Books. Based in El Monte, California, WBusiness Books, an imprint of New Win Publishing, publishes some of the nation’s premiere business books in the areas of entrepreneurship, leadership, marketing and sales, from some of the country’s leading experts in their field. WBusiness Books Web site can be found at www.wbusinessbooks.com.
Speaker and author Liz Goodgold is a fiery redhead with over 25 years of experience in marketing and branding. She is the author of RED FIRE BRANDING: Create a Hot Personal Brand and Have Customers for Life and DUH! Marketing.
Liz has worked for such major clients as Quaker Oats, Times Mirror, and Arco Oil as well as with small business owners and start-ups. Her specialized, one-on-one branding and coaching programs spark new ideas that deliver sure-fire results.
An often quoted expert, Liz has appeared in over 500 media outlets including ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, CNBC, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
To register go to