Would you like an invitation to be my guest to attend one of my four upcoming private Marketing With a Book Summits? Then send me an email to email@example.com why you should be invited.
Hi, my name is Henry DeVries and I run a company called the New Client Marketing Institute. I work with consultants who want to position themselves as an expert, grow their business and explore the possibilities of what could happen if they were the author of a book. It has been a privilege to work with consultants as a writer or editor on 40 book projects in the last six years. My proposals have earned five figure advances for clients. My latest book, How to Close Deals Like Warren Buffet, co-authored with Tom Searcy, will be published by McGraw-Hill in November of 2012. My team and I have published with the top five publishers, privately published, independently published and association published (American Medical Association and the American Marketing Association), so I personally know the dos and don’ts of all current publishing options. I also have relationships with some of the most respected agents in the business and have launched and supported columns in CBS MoneyWatch, Inc.com and Forbes.com helping to gain notoriety, free publicity and larger reach.
I am also founder of the Marketing with a Book Summits. These are informational-only private summits about how to find more clients by publishing and speaking. Many marketing experts will be in attendance giving Ted conference style talks (15-20 minutes, very focused) on various aspects of getting published and speaking. There will be no selling. That’s right, no selling from me, Mark LeBlanc, best-selling author and past president of the National Speakers Association, my co-host or any of the other speakers. Amazing but true.
Here is the Marketing With A Book Summit schedule:
March 9, 2013 in Atlanta
April 7, 2013 in La Jolla, CA
April 8, 2013 in Orange County, CA
May 4, 2013 in Chicago
June 1, 2013 in NYC
June 2, 2013 in Philadelphia
What Will Be Covered
If you have attended a summit before this is new information about what is happening in the world of publishing and speaking to find new clients. If you could attend both events, the book summit and Mark’s private seminar on how to grow your business, I would do it because the events are complementary. His is also an information-only event with no selling. You can’t beat the price of either event: free.
There is a great deal of information I have uncovered since our last book summits. Each of the four summits will be different and include a variety of viewpoints. Some of the information I will include:
- Trends about speaking for Vistage (also known as a pride-swallowing siege)
- How to speak at YPO
- How to speak Renaissance Executive Forums
- How to speak to Ted and Tedx conferences
- What to say to editors and reporters to generate publicity
- How to ask 1 million people to buy your book
- What are low-cost tools for guaranteed national publicity
- How to sell a major publisher like Wiley or McGraw-Hill
- How to work with an independent publisher for more profits and control
- How to launch a free book promotion blogsite
- How to land a column with Inc.com, Forbes.com or CBS MoneyWatch
- When does it make sense to hire a publicist
- How to sell books by the case
- What is and isn’t working with social media (hint: LinkedIn)
- Sample killer book proposals
- What it takes to land a column with a daily newspaper
- New models for converting seminar attendees into clients
How to Register
Registration is simple. Send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what events you want to attend. Then I will send you confirmation information with exact details. Space is limited and we don’t want too many people at the summits (two dozen max) so registration is on a first come, first served basis. Also, if you need to cancel, that’s okay but tell me as soon as you have a change of plans so I can let someone in from the waiting list.
Come learn insider secrets on how to turn your expertise into client-attracting books and speeches. Our faculty of top speakers and authors will answer all your questions:
- How do I build instant credibility with a book?
- How do I find a publisher?
- How do I get anyone to pay attention to my book?
- How do I create a killer book proposal?
- How do I get help writing the book?
- How do I use social media to attract prospects?
- How do I publish a book with built in marketing in 90 days or less?
- How can one little book quadruple my income an double my number of clients?
Top Ten Reasons to Invest 24 Hours Learning How to Better Attract Clients with Books and Speaking
1. Walk Away With an Action Plan. “Every consultant knows (or should know) that the greatest support document for growing your practice is having your own book- or having your NEXT book. For most consultants completing a book is on the top of their “Goals and Things To-Do” List, (how many years has it been on YOURS?) and Henry can help you get it done in record time, (imagine having your own book in four months). The summits bring together all the resources you need in one place to get your book DONE and in your clients and prospects hands.” Dean Minuto, SalesBrain, Vistage speaker and author of The One Page Sales Coach
2. Answers to All Your Questions. “Before I came to the summit, I knew what I wanted to write a book. At the summit, I learned how to write it, publish it, brand it, and market it. I do not know where else I could have learned so much in such a short time.” Alok Kalia, MD, Bluebonnet Health, Vistage speaker and author of Don’t Take Weight Management Advice from a Thin Person
3. Leverage Tips. “As someone who has written four books and ghostwritten a couple of others (including a New York Times bestseller), I highly recommend the summit. In today’s world, a book is more than just a book. A published book tells the world that you are an expert in your field, but how you leverage this expertise is something that many people fail at. The summit provides valuable tools to help you not only create your book, but also leverage the hell out of it.” Lynn O’Shaughnessy, CBS MoneyWatch, author of The College Solution
4. Help, Not Hype. “This is a content rich, eye opening 24 hour window to learn from proven experts how to give your book dreams wings to fly so your business can grow alongside your escalating expert status.” Nancy “Broadcast Your Brilliance” Juetten, Authenticvisibilty.com, author of Bye-Bye Boring Bio
5. Profit and Promotion. “It is an incredible honor to be a part of the summit faculty It is the best event I have seen for a consultant or coach to establish their expertise, credibility for both profit and promotion.” Mark LeBlanc, Small Business Success, author of Growing Your Business and Never Be the Same, Past President National Speakers Association
6. Content = Credibility. “Writing and marketing a book is perhaps the one best way for a professional to build his or her business. By attending the summit, that seemingly mystical process is demystified. I recommend the summit for anyone who is interested in learning the best strategies for growing a business through book writing.” Alan Cohen, Acts of Balance, author of Tough Talks for PR Pros
7. Turn Ideas into Assets. “Every consultant needs credibility and having a published book accomplishes this. Henry DeVries helped us publish our book, showed us marketing techniques and how to leverage a book. Our clients constantly mention how this one item has differentiated us from our competition.” Brad Remillard, Impact Hiring Solutions, Vistage speaker and co-author of You’re Not the Person I Hired
8. Speaking Connections. “I attend the summits to find experts to speak to my CEO group. Henry Devries is an expert at attracting leading edge thinkers and connectors to his summits, and you will build not only vibrant relationships, but also walk away with highly relevant marketing techniques.” Scott Hamilton, Executive Next Practices Institute
9. Get Immediate Feedback. “The expertise of everyone assembled in one room made me think, stretch and grow. Thank you for putting tighter such amazing people with such generosity.” Lynn Coffman, Coffman Valentine, co-author of Slay the E-Mail Monster
10. Info Packed. “The quality of the summit is most important to me. I’ve been to too many book marketing events that turned out to be only infomercial events where you pay a lot of money and don’t learn anything, even though they advertised it as an educational experience.” Robin Ryan, professional speaker, author of 60 Seconds & You Are Hired and Over 40 & You’re Hired
To register call 800-514-4467
Trust me, I’m a book doctor
Hi, my name is Henry DeVries, found of the Marketing With a Book Summit for Consultants. I work with consultants who want to position themselves as an expert, grow their revenues, and want to explore what could happen if they were the author of a book.
In fact, I am the author of 18 books: six for me, including Self marketing Secrets and Pain Killer Marketing, and 12 for others. All told, I have been involved in 38 book projects. Consultants who attend the summit get what I call the four Bs: more books, more blogs, more buzz and a path and a plan for more business.
This Summit Is Not For Everyone
This workshop is not for those who want to calm their nerves as they approach a podium. There will be no words of wisdom about how to conquer those common fears of public speaking (I hear Toastmasters is great for that). This is about attracting clients with professional speaking, not public speaking. This is for consultants and speakers who know that promoting their business with books and speeches is the best way to build credibility and keep their pipeline filled with qualified prospects.