Find new clients by publishing your problem solving ideas. Here are 17 ways for consultants and professionals to get published.
What are the odds it will work? For each item I list if it is a long shot or a sure thing.
- Book published by big name publisher. Long shot. This would be Random House, Penguin, Harper Collins, McGraw Hill, Time Warner, or Simon & Shuster.
- Book published by a medium to small boutique publisher. Long shot. This would be Jossey Bass, AMA, John Wiley and others.
- Print on demand publisher. Sure thing. This would include Author House (includes iUniverse, formerly owned by Barnes & Noble) or CreateSpace (formerly Book Surge, owned by Amazon.com).
- Self published. Sure thing. Work with lulu.com or a printer.
- Columnist for a print publication (status based on circulation). Long shot and then sure thing as each column you write is published.
- Magazine or newspaper article. Long shot.
- Magazine or newspaper opinion piece. Long shot.
- Trade journal article. Long shot.
- Trade journal opinion piece. Long shot.
- Columnist for an Internet publication. Long shot and then sure thing as each column you write is published.
- Articles on the Internet on various Web sites and blogs. Sure thing.
- Publish your own blog. Sure thing. Use WordPress or Blogger.
- Publish your own ezine. Sure thing. Use program like ConstantContact.
- Review books on online book sale sites. Sure thing. Like Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
- Create an information product for sale. Sure thing. Like special report pdf or audio CD.
- Publish articles on your own Web site. Sure thing.
- Give testimonials to others. Sure thing. Linked In is great place to start.